Sunday, December 28, 2008

That's Not How Christmas Is Supposed To Be!

When I was about five years old I was in my first Christmas play at Temple Baptist Church, here in Dalton. Me and another boy were supposed to be Sheppard’s and sing "Away In A Manger." I can still remember every word of the song. Don't worry I wont sing it that would scare people! Anyways, when it came our time to sing our BIG song we started out good. But about the second verse the other little boy got stage fright or something and went running off the stage to his mother. Now this made me mad! After the program I told my mom that he ruined the play and I was afraid that people would think that was the way the first Christmas was. One of the Sheppard’s got scared and ran off! I told her that was not the way Christmas was supposed to be! As I think back to that childhood memory I wonder if that's what God is thinking about how we treat Christmas today. God is saying that is not the way Christmas is supposed to be! The way we treat Christmas as such a rush time and everyone is running around tying to get this gift bought or get that tree up. And when God wants us to simply take the time to celebrate His Son Birth. “Away In A Manager” was our Lord was born to be able to die for our sins. Is that what we are sharing with others this Christmas season? Or is our Christmas not going to be the way it is supposed to be! 

Merry Christmas!

Rob